The NSW government radio communications network is being expanded, with close to 400 sites being built over the next few years across the Greater Sydney Metropolitan Area and regional NSW. When fully built, the network will be close to 700 sites. NSW Telco Authority is undertaking this work under the Critical Communications Enhancement Program (CCEP). The expanded government radio network in NSW will be a major piece of infrastructure in NSW.
Operating and maintaining a world-class critical communications network
The expanded network will deliver world-class critical communications services to NSW public safety, law enforcement and other government agencies, well into the future.
The changing and expanding landscape of the network means NSW Telco Authority needs to respond in how it operates, maintains and delivers network services for all its clients.
Through the Operate and Maintain Transformation Program, the NSW Telco Authority is seeking a Managed Network Provider to scale up the operation, providing maintenance and managed services of the network to the highest standard.
An open public procurement process is underway.
The procurement process - Request for Tender
NSW Telco Authority issued a Request for Tender (RFT) on 6 May 2019 seeking responses from industry, nationally and internationally, for the selection of a Managed Network Provider for the NSW government radio network. The RFT will close on 17 June 2019.
The scope of services which will be required from the Managed Network Partner include:
- management and operation of the NSW government radio network
- provision of network operations
- software tools to manage network configuration, incident and problem management
- in-field management and maintenance of network assets.
Making a submission
- Download the RFT Participation Deed from the eTender website.
- Complete, sign and submit the Participation Deed by 17:00 hrs AEST on 22 May 2019 to the Tenders website.
- Following receipt of the Participation Deed, the NSW Telco Authority will send you an email with your login details and instructions on how to access the RFT documents.
- Complete the RFT and submit via the eTender website by 17:00hrs AEST 17 June 2019.
For more information about the Request for Information, contact: OM@finance.nsw.gov.au