NSW Telco Authority, in consultation with agencies that use operational communications, has developed a standardised Site Licence Agreement Framework to decrease the expense of licensing each site by reducing legal charges, processing costs and administrative effort.
This Framework includes a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between agencies for licensed use of NSW Government Communications Facilities, as well as the standard Site Access Protocol and standard Site Schedule for each individual site.
On 22 July 2015, the NSW Procurement Board approved this Framework and on 1 September 2015 issued Direction 2015-03 Radio Communications Site Licence Agreement Framework. The Direction requires each NSW Government agency (including Departments, executive agencies, statutory bodies, and other agencies and services) to utilise the standardised framework in the following circumstances:
- Where the agency currently or intends to enter into agreements with other agencies for licensed use of an operational communications site or equipment, the agency must be signatory to the MOU.
- When entering into an arrangement with another agency for licensed use of an operational communications site or equipment for a particular site, agencies must use the standard Site Access Protocol and standard Site Schedule accompanying the MOU.
- Where an existing licence arrangement expires or otherwise ends or is amended, agencies must enter into a new licence arrangement under the terms of the MOU unless exempted by NSW Telco Authority. Reasons for exemption may include legal or cost impediments to altering the arrangements.
The MOU requires agencies to provide a copy of the signed Site Schedule to NSW Telco Authority when an arrangement is entered into.
Copies of the signed MOU, the schedules to the MOU and an Information Sheet explaining key points about the Framework can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Licensed Use of NSW Government Communications Facilities
- Schedule 1 to the MOU – containing Site Access Protocol, Access Request Form and Key Holder Acceptance for NSW Government Radio Network
- Schedule 2 to the MOU – containing Site Schedule
- Site Licence Agreement Framework Information Sheet
For further information, or to provide a copy of the signed site schedule, please email [email protected]